Table of Contents
What is it? #
External Link: A hyperlink or URL that directs a user to a resource or website outside of the current domain or platform. It is a way to provide additional information, resources, or services to users without having to host the content directly on the current website. External links can be used to cite sources, provide references, or link to related content.
Here are some examples: #
- In the context of a web page or blog post, an external link is a hyperlink that points to a resource located on another domain or website. Here’s an example from a blog post on mysite.com:
For more information on this topic, visit <a href="https://www.example.com/resource">Example.com's resource page</a>.
- In the context of a Wikipedia article, an external link is a hyperlink that points to a resource outside of the Wikipedia domain. Here’s an example from a Wikipedia article on mysite.com:
For a more detailed explanation of this concept, see <a href="https://www.mysite.com/resource">Resource page on mysite.com</a>.
- In the context of a research paper or academic article, an external link is a citation or reference to a source that is not included in the main text of the document. Here’s an example from a research paper:
For a comprehensive review of the literature on this topic, see .
 Author, A., & Author, B. (Year). Title of resource. Retrieved from https://www.example.com/resource
- In the context of a software application or library, an external link can be a reference to a resource or documentation located outside of the application’s codebase. Here’s an example from a Python library’s documentation:
For more information on using this library, see the official documentation at <a href="https://www.example.com/library-docs">Example.com/library-docs</a>.
- In the context of a social media post, an external link can be a hyperlink to a resource or piece of content located on another platform or website. Here’s an example from a tweet on Twitter:
Check out this interesting article on #MyTopic: <a href="https://www.example.com/resource">https://www.example.com/resource</a> #ExternalLink
In Summary #
The External Link article discusses the importance of creating a strong online presence for businesses and individuals. It highlights the benefits of having a professional website, such as increased credibility, visibility, and opportunities for growth. The article also emphasizes the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing to drive traffic and generate leads. It concludes by stating that a well-designed and optimized website, combined with a solid social media strategy, can help businesses and individuals achieve success in the digital age.